What happens when app rating is low?
When an app has a low rating, it can have a number of negative consequences for both the app developer and the users of the app. Here are some potential impacts of a low app rating:
- Decreased visibility in app stores: App stores often use ratings as a factor in determining the ranking of apps in search results and recommended lists. As a result, a low rating can cause an app to be less visible to potential users.
- Reduced downloads: A low rating can deter users from downloading an app, as they may perceive the app as being of poor quality or not worth their time. This can lead to a decrease in the number of users and revenue for the app.
- Negative user reviews: Low ratings often go hand in hand with negative user reviews, which can further discourage potential users from downloading the app. These reviews can also provide valuable feedback to the app developer, allowing them to identify and fix any issues with the app.
- Decreased user engagement: If users are unhappy with the app, they may not use it as frequently or may stop using it altogether. This can lead to a decrease in user engagement and potentially result in a decrease in revenue for the app.
- Negative impact on the app developer: A low rating can damage the reputation of the app and the app developer, making it harder to attract new users and partners. It can also lead to a decrease in revenue and potentially make it more difficult to secure funding or investment in the future.
Overall, a low app rating can have serious consequences for both the app developer and the users of the app. It is important for app developers to actively seek out and address any issues that may be causing low ratings, in order to improve the app and maintain a positive reputation.
How can Appbot help?
Appbot is a tool that can help improve app's rating by providing insights into customer feedback. This app review aggregator can track reviews and ratings across multiple app stores, and provide detailed information about what customers are saying about your app.
This information can help identify areas where your app is falling short, and make changes to improve the overall user experience. Additionally, Appbot can help you monitor your competitors' ratings and reviews, which can give you a better understanding of what is working for them and what you can do to stay competitive.
Where to from here?
- Discover effective strategies on how to increase app ratings and improve user satisfaction.
- Uncover powerful techniques to improve app reviews and create a positive user experience.
- Learn the best practices on how to respond to app store reviews and build strong connections with your users.
- Dive into the iOS App Store reviews API to gain deeper insights into user sentiments and optimize your app accordingly.
About The Author
Estelle leads digital marketing at Appbot. She enjoys pina coladas, browsing amazon.com and can do her hair in record time when an unexpected Zoom meeting is dropped on her.
Enjoying the read? You may also like these
In 2022, 82% of 1 and 2 star reviews are left without a reply. Learn how to take the competitive edge to improve app reviews with fast replies.
5-star review replies should be formed part of the business app reply strategy. Learn what makes up the components of an exceptional 5-star review reply.
Want to learn WHEN to prompt an app review? See our advice after talking to thousands of mobile app developers on best techniques for IOS and Android apps.
Ever since 2013, you could respond to reviews on Google Play. In 2017 Apple followed and gave us the same functionality. But is anyone using it? We dug in to find out.