About the Keep Safe Pack
Please read below for:
// HOW TO ENABLE iCLOUD SYNC
// WHY UPGRADE?
// HOW DOES IT WORK?
HOW TO ENABLE ICLOUD SYNC
Once you’ve purchased the Keep Safe Upgrade Pack, you need to enable iCloud Sync in the Settings area. Here’s a 5 sec video:
Note: iCloud Sync is only available from v3.2 of Collect which requires iOS 8.2 or higher.
The iCloud Sync feature provides automated backup of all your photos & data in the app as well as syncing between your devices. If you value the photos and memories that you’ve added to Collect then you should purchase the upgrade and enable iCloud Sync.
As a reminder, the Collect app requires no login or account to use and we do not store any of your photos or personal information. We work hard to create and support a great app that also protects your privacy.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The iCloud Sync works automatically to upload all of your photos and data (titles, tags etc) to your connected iCloud account. If you have more than one device setup then all of your photos in Collect will be synced across these devices. Similarly, any change you make in the app will automatically sync across other devices.
Some useful information about the syncing behaviour:
- Everything will sync to the iCloud account configured on your device (refer to the main Settings app to check this).
- For sync to work, iCloud Drive must be enabled (again, found in the main Settings app in the iCloud section).
- The space used by the Collect photos and associated data takes up part of your available iCloud storage capacity.
- If you have insufficient space in iCloud then you should upgrade your Storage Plan.
- Syncing happens automatically as changes are made in the app. There is no need to manually start syncing.
- Every time the app is opened, the app will automatically detect for any new photos to sync (upload or download).
- Any new photos or changes made in the app while offline are automatically synced once a connection is restored.
- The photos that are stored in iCloud are the full-resolution images that you add on your device.
- If you don’t ever want to use mobile data when syncing, turn this off under the Mobile section in the main Settings app.
- To help reduce the space taken up by Collect on your device, you can use the ‘Optimize Local Storage’ setting. This removes full-resolution images from your device but maintains them in iCloud.
Still want to know more? Use the Contact button in the top-right to ask us directly.
Was this helpful? Yes No